How to Adopt
- My glider availability varies greatly. Sometimes I have 10 available and sometimes i have one.
- I try to keep my website as updated as possible so check the “available gliders” tab to see the gliders I have available.
- If you are SERIOUS about adding a sugar glider to your home, contact me about the glider you are interested in. PLEASE only do this if you are serious.
- MAKE SURE that before you do this you read the information about the glider you are looking at. I have many emails every day and most consist of “Is this glider available” or “how old is this glider.” All the information should be provided in that gliders post. If you have further questions feel free to contact me.
- If I don’t have any gliders posted but you are serious about adopting please still contact me and I will put you on a waiting list.
- Don’t hesitate to do this. Sometimes you can be at the bottom of the list and get a glider in a week. It all depends so don’t hesitate.
- Once you have chosen your glider you will be asked to make a $50 deposit on the glider via PayPal, check, or money order.
- This is the ONLY way I can reserve a glider. If not you may still have a chance to purchase but if someone else comes along who would like to purchase the glider I will have to sell to them. I do this because in the past a person would tell me they wanted a glider and 8 weeks later they’d not respond and I’d be stuck with an unsold glider.
- This ensures that I know you are a serious buyer.
- If I have no gliders available and you would like to ensure you receive the first glider i have born you may make your deposit in advance. You will be notified the instant I have available gliders.
- The rest of the payment for the glider will be due the day of the adoption.
Before the Adoption
- I post my gliders at just a few weeks old. So there may be a wait to receive them.
- During these few weeks I will be making sure your glider is healthy and eating well on its own. I will work with it on socialization and handling but you must continue after you receive them.
- I have thirty pairs of gliders I am working with and managing. I probably won’t have time to give daily updates on your glider. I want to ensure you have a pleasant adoption experience but I am working with many customers and simply do not have the time.
- Taking pictures of babies is stressful for both the babies and the parents. The pictures I have of your glider are the ones on their post. Taking more is extremely time consuming and stressful to the glider. PLEASE do not request a new picture of your glider every day. Again I will try to do as much as I can to ensure your satisfaction but continuous pictures will be too stressful for the young baby.
- Please have your cage and supplies ready before the adoption day.
- The rest of the payment is DUE on this day unless otherwise discussed.
- I will try to schedule this day at your convenience.
- Unless you have previously owned a sugar glider or you location or schedule simply cannot allow it, the adoption will be done at my location.
- When you arrive your glider will be in a pouch hopefully asleep.
- I try to do adoptions at a time the gliders are not fully awake to avoid stress.
- I will give a short rundown of glider care and management similar to the information on this site.
- I will also take as much time as you need to answer any and all questions you may have.
- Your glider will be sent home with a folder containing care sheets, and exotic nutrition catalogue, and paperwork confirming your purchase.
- Upon adoption you will sign two copies of a contract confirming your purchase and one will go with you.
- Your glider will also be sent home with a little starter food and treats.
- Once I have received the rest of the payment, you may take home your new family friend.